PHYTEC is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in our downtown Seattle and Bainbridge Island offices. This position will be responsible for internal software development with a focus on Linux-based Board Support Packages (BSPs) for PHYTEC hardware platforms, as well as debugging and handling of software issues escalated from first-line technical support.
With a parent company in Germany, PHYTEC is engaged in the development, sales, technical support and marketing of industrial computer products. We support customers throughout North America from our Seattle area locations.
PHYTEC offers the energy of a startup with the stability of over 30 years of company success in Europe, the United States, China and India. We are a fast moving and dynamic company where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
- Develop and modify Linux and Android Board Support Packages (BSPs) for embedded applications processors, including porting and integrating kernel device drivers.
- Board bring-up as well as debugging and verification of new hardware
- Assume resposibility for issues escalated from customer service team
- Assit with releasing, documenting, and maintaining BSPs
- Create demo applications for our hardware for use with sales and marketing teams
- Develop fixes for exisitng bugs and optimize existing software functionality
- Collaborate with hardware and test engineering teams, as well as with PHYTEC international counterparts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong programming skills in C, python, and Bash
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of circuit analysis and schematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-driven
- Ability to work both in a collaborative environment, as well as independently
- High energy, strong work ethic and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to quickly understand end customer products and applications
- Knowledge of embedded products, processors, computer systems and tools is desired
- Job location: Seattle, WA and Bainbridge Island, WA
- Compensation: D.O.E. Compensation includes company-funded medical, dental and vision plan; 401(k) retirement savings plan (available to qualified employees)
- Principals only. No third party applicants
- No phone calls about this job