Product Lifecycle Maintenance (PLM) and Obsolescence Policy
At PHYTEC we strive to ensure the long-term availability of our products, and recognize that our products are deployed in customer applications with expected production lifetimes that can exceed 10 years. PHYTEC cannot guarantee continued availability of all the components used on our products. However, we endeavor to provide pro-active Product Lifecyle Maintenance and to best ensure compatible migration paths to second source and other replacement components in the event of the obsolescence of parts used on our products.
We regard long-term availability of our products as one of our most important duties as a reliable supplier of embedded solutions. With our detailed knowledge of the electronics component market and through the following measures, PHYTEC is able to largely avoid potential problems caused by parts discontinuation and obsolescence:
- Close, working relationship with component manufacturers and distribution, including demand pull and flexible demand management programs
- Pro-active monitoring via SiliconExperts and other tools
- Internal ProduktDB database of PCN, EOL and related issues of relevance to PHYTEC products
- Maintenance of stock of common and critical components
- Implementation of 100%-compatible second source or replacement components, including active and transparent Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Life-Time Buy (LTB) of discontinued or obsolete End-of-Life (EOL) parts
- Transparent Version Control to document any “form, fit of function” change and product revisioning according to JEDEC J-STD-046 Process/Product Change Notification (PCN) standards
- Redesign to support new parts, with maximum functional compatibility
PHYTEC strives to not obsolete any of our System on Modules or other hardware assemblies for as long as applications processors, memory devices and other critical components are available. In instances that a silicon vendor decides to end-of-life such a critical part, PHYTEC should receive advance notification per JEDEC J-STD-048 EOL standards to enable Life-Time Buy opportunities as well as migration to a replacement solution.
Please contact PHYTEC at email@example.com or call 800.278.9913 with any questions you might have regarding our PLM and obsolescence policies.