PHYTEC America is looking for an Application Engineer to join our team in our downtown Seattle and Bainbridge Island offices. The ideal candidate is a proven leader, attentive to detail, has exemplary problem solving and critical thinking skills, and a desire to work with customer’s challenges.
This position combines systems engineering, product engineering, software and hardware engineering. An Application Engineer at PHYTEC will be expected to manage multidisciplinary projects and will interface directly with customers as well as with internal sales, development, supply chain and production teams. PHYTEC Application Engineers are expected to have a deep knowledge of available PHYTEC products and have the ability to design systems around PHYTEC products.
- Pre-Sale Support: Understand customer system requirements, provide hardware and software design consultation, determine customer design challenges and partner with them on finding solutions. Support sales to deliver solutions that support PHYTEC products and drive revenue.
- Technical Support: Analyze customer problems, understand customer use-case, directly solve or oversee resolution of customer technical problems.
- Customer Relationship Management: Be the primary interface between escalated customer support issues and development teams.
- Documentation: Create, edit, and maintain user guides and work to create useful and helpful application notes.
- Component Engineering: Review and evaluate PHYTEC PCNs, generate appropriate documentation, manage customer approvals, and make BOM changes in accordance to product development and change management processes.
- Conduct Technical Meetings: Create technical training content for internal and external training, conduct product demonstrations and assist with technical marketing.
- Continuous Learning: Take initiative to stay current on industry knowledge, company products, customer needs, and best practices.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years experience in an embedded engineering role
- Experience with customer support
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Basic programming skills in C, python, Git
- Experience working with ARM based embedded processors
- Experience with hardware bring-up, development, and hands-on debugging
- Familiarity with interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, USB, SDIO, I2C, SPI, Flash, DDR, PCIe, SATA, LCD, and HDMI
- An understanding of schematics, layouts, and component data sheets
- Familiarity with Embedded Linux, Android, and other operating systems and related build tools
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills
- Experience with Engineering Change Notice (ECN) processes a plus
- Job location: Seattle, WA and Bainbridge Island, WA
- Compensation: D.O.E. Compensation includes company-funded medical, dental and vision plan; 401(k) retirement savings plan (available to qualified employees)
- Principals only. No third party applicants
- No phone calls about this job