Careers at PHYTEC
Supply Chain Assistant
Use your attention to detail, organizational, customer service, multi-tasking and logistics skills in our fast-paced, small office environment. With a parent company in Germany, PHYTEC is engaged in the sale, technical support and marketing of industrial computer products within North America from our Seattle-area locations. We offer the energy of a startup with the stability of over 30 years of company success in Europe, the United States, China and India.
- Process incoming shipments from suppliers, including international shipments from parent company in Germany
- Enter order confirmations in response to “upstream” Purchase Orders placed to suppliers
- Enter sales orders in response to “downstream” Purchase Orders received from customers; provide order status and tracking information to customers
- Process customer orders (sales confirmations, invoicing, credit card processing, management of credit limits) using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- Prepare, document (shipping waybills, customs clearance documents, any applicable certifications) and ship orders using UPS WorldShip and other courier services / shipping software
- Support Account Manager and Supply Manager functions in aligning customer demand with supply of product from manufacturers
- Provide first-line telephone reception
- Ensure orderliness of product inventory and shipping supplies, order shipping supplies
- Two or four-year degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field; work experience accepted in lieu of education
- Supply chain / order processing / customer service experience
- Exacting attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience using QuickBooks or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Highly organized, self-starter, able to take independent initiative and learn quickly
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, team-oriented environment and to promote positive customer interactions
- Familiarity with technical products a plus
- Job location: Bainbridge Island, WA
- Compensation: PHYTEC provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-paid medical, vision and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-based bonus plan, and generous vacation benefits. Salary depends on experience and qualifications.
- Hours: Full-time position - 40 hours/week: Monday through Friday 8:00 am -- 5:00 pm
- What Does PHYTEC do?: PHYTEC is a product-design and manufacturing company that specifies, designs, manufactures, and sells standard and custom embedded computing platforms. Most of these modules platforms feature cutting edge ARM processors and peripherals from market leading silicon vendors in a tiny, pluggable System On Module (SOM) form factor. PHYTEC also provides cutting edge embedded software development platforms utilizing Linux, Windows, and other application specific real-time operating systems.
- Who does PHYTEC work with?: PHYTEC works will all types and sizes of companies from start-ups with industry upsetting technology to international giants. Our SOMs and related products are deployed by end customers in markets that include industrial automation, machine vision, agriculture, in-vehicle entertainment, wireless communication, Internet of Things, and many others.
- Working at PHYTEC: PHYTEC America offers a progressive and fast-paced small office environment with the energy of a startup but the stability of over 30 years of designing and delivering high quality products. In addition to PHYTEC America, PHYTEC’s global presence includes corporate headquarters and manufacturing in Mainz, Germany as well as offices in France, China, and India.
PHYTEC America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.