Careers at PHYTEC
PHYTEC seeks an experienced Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant with superior organizational, office management and data entry bookkeeping skills. Join us in our fast-paced, small office environment.
With a parent company in Germany, PHYTEC is engaged in the development, sale, technical support and marketing of industrial computer products. We support customers throughout North America from our Seattle area locations.
PHYTEC offers the energy of a startup with the stability of over 30 years of company success in Europe, the United States, China and India. We are a fast moving and dynamic company where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
- Telephone & general reception
- General office management: including making travel arrangements, managing hard copy and electronic documents, supply procurement, oversight of equipment maintenance
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) document maintenance
- Mail management
- Event catering handling
- Accounts receivable: including posting receivables, sending statements, and contacting customers regarding past due accounts
- Accounts payable: including entry of supplier invoices and credit card charges for 3 separate data bases
- Accounting records management
- Asset management
- Other accounting related tasks as requested
- Property management of a three-story office building - approx. 7,600 sf – approx. 3 tenants
- Tenant Relations: including communicating service visits to tenants, assisting tenants with requests, and completing the ground work for approved lease renewals
- Rent management
- Property oversight and service provider relations: including scheduling regular maintenance of property
- Tenant and building improvement management for approved capital improvements
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or similar
- 3+ year’s work experience in a professional office environment
- Experience in posting transactions to accounts, record-keeping systems, accounting software, and general accounting principles and practices
- QuickBooks or other ERP experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Capability to work both independently and within a small team environment
- Flexibility, exacting attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a high-energy work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive demeanor; the abilities to take independent initiative, learn quickly; see and seize opportunities to drive process and organizational improvements; as well as to determine and set priorities and meet deadlines
- High energy, a strong work ethic and high level of organization
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, team-oriented environment
PHYTEC America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- What Does PHYTEC do?: PHYTEC is a product-design and manufacturing company that specifies, designs, manufactures, and sells standard and custom embedded computing platforms. Most of these modules platforms feature cutting edge ARM processors and peripherals from market leading silicon vendors in a tiny, pluggable System On Module (SOM) form factor. PHYTEC also provides cutting edge embedded software development platforms utilizing Linux, Windows, and other application specific real-time operating systems.
- Who does PHYTEC work with?: PHYTEC works will all types and sizes of companies from start-ups with industry upsetting technology to international giants. Our SOMs and related products are deployed by end customers in markets that include industrial automation, machine vision, agriculture, in-vehicle entertainment, wireless communication, Internet of Things, and many others.
- Working at PHYTEC: PHYTEC America offers a progressive and fast-paced small office environment with the energy of a startup but the stability of over 30 years of designing and delivering high quality products. In addition to PHYTEC America, PHYTEC’s global presence includes corporate headquarters and manufacturing in Mainz, Germany as well as offices in France, China, and India.