Careers at PHYTEC
PHYTEC seeks an experienced technical Account Manager with superior customer service and logistics skills. Join us in our fast-paced, small office environment. With a parent company in Germany, PHYTEC is engaged in the development, sale, technical support and marketing of industrial computer products. We support customers throughout North America from our Seattle area locations. PHYTEC offers the energy of a startup with the stability of over 30 years of company success in Europe, the United States, China and India. We are a fast moving and dynamic company where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
- Use ERP and other tools to maintain operational relations with customers, including management of discrete and blanket orders, buffer stock and delivery releases against requested dock dates, demand forecasting
- Serve as general point of contact for customer RFQs and Purchase Order submittal; process incoming Purchase Orders, including review of Purchase and Sales documents (Purchase Orders, terms and conditions, other forms)
- Route applicable customer inquiries to other Sales resources and/or Engineering Services for deeper engagement and/or approval
- Prepare quotes to customers
- Liaison with Engineering Services regarding approval, management and ordering of customer-specific product configurations as well as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Change Notice (PCN), End-of-Life (EOL), Life-time Buy (LTB) and related issues
- Liaison with Supply Chain to align customer demand with supply of product from manufacturers, to provide timely forecast data for materials planning purposes, and to ensure sufficient stock of product inventory
- Liaison with Accounting regarding customer credit terms, statements and open accounts
- Generate reports tracking weekly, monthly and quarterly sales metrics
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Technology
- 3+ year’s work experience
- QuickBooks or other ERP experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Capability to work both independently and within a small team environment
- Flexibility, exacting attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a high-energy work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive demeanor; the abilities to take independent initiative, learn quickly; see and seize opportunities to drive process and organizational improvements; as well as to determine and set priorities and meet deadlines
- High energy, a strong work ethic and high level of organization
- Job location: Bainbridge Island, WA
- Compensation: PHYTEC provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-paid medical, vision and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-based bonus plan, and generous vacation benefits. Salary depends on experience and qualifications.
- Hours: Full-time position - 40 hours/week: Monday through Friday 8:00 am -- 5:00 pm
- What Does PHYTEC do?: PHYTEC is a product-design and manufacturing company that specifies, designs, manufactures, and sells standard and custom embedded computing platforms. Most of these modules platforms feature cutting edge ARM processors and peripherals from market leading silicon vendors in a tiny, pluggable System On Module (SOM) form factor. PHYTEC also provides cutting edge embedded software development platforms utilizing Linux, Windows, and other application specific real-time operating systems.
- Who does PHYTEC work with?: PHYTEC works will all types and sizes of companies from start-ups with industry upsetting technology to international giants. Our SOMs and related products are deployed by end customers in markets that include industrial automation, machine vision, agriculture, in-vehicle entertainment, wireless communication, Internet of Things, and many others.
- Working at PHYTEC: PHYTEC America offers a progressive and fast-paced small office environment with the energy of a startup but the stability of over 30 years of designing and delivering high quality products. In addition to PHYTEC America, PHYTEC’s global presence includes corporate headquarters and manufacturing in Mainz, Germany as well as offices in France, China, and India.
PHYTEC America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.